Tuesday, March 23, 2010

you just ruined these songs!


I took a collection of 11 songs that I love (no rap music), songs that I think fans of any type of music would love, and I added a verse to each. I didn’t chop the songs up and flip the samples for brownie points. I didn’t try to make something new out of these songs. I just tried to leave the original songs alone as much as I could, and added one verse over each song to make it seem as if I was invited into the studio with the band to collaborate. All of these collaborations are, of course, unauthorized, but I tried to make each verse as relevant to the songs’ original lyrics as I possibly could.

(Soulful) Side A
01 Amy Winehouse – He Can Only Hold Her feat. Intuition
02 Mayer Hawthorne – Make Her Mine feat. Intuition
03 Raphael Saadiq – 100 Yard Dash feat. Intuition
04 D’Angelo – Brown Sugar feat. Intuition
05 Lee Fields & the Expressions – Love Comes And Goes feat. Intuition

Side B (gets a little weirder)
06 Ms. Dynamite – Dy-Na-Mi-Tee feat. Intuition
07 Portishead – Humming feat. Intuition
08 Atlas Sound (w/Noah Lennox) – Walkabout feat. Intuition
09 Low – Breaker feat. Intuition
10 The Black Keys – Psychotic Girl feat. Intuition
11 Grizzly Bear – Two Weeks feat. Intuition


Download: Intuition - i ruined these songs for you mixtape

No comments:

Post a Comment